Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things Can turn around !!

City boy, Raj, moved to the village and bought a donkey from an old farmer for Rs.1000. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry Raj-ji, but I have some bad news. The donkey died while I was bringing him here."

Raj replied: "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said: "Can't do that either. I went and spent it already."

Raj said: "OK then, just unload the donkey."

The farmer asked: "What you are going to do with a dead donkey?!"

Raj: "I'm going to raffle him off." (Note: Raffle is like lottery - a group of people draw lots each paying the same amount for a ticket and there is a big prize for the people who win.)

Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Raj: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Raj and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Raj: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at Rs.10 each and made a profit of Rs.4990 with the donkey worth Rs.1000 as the prize."

Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"

Raj: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his Rs.10"



Moral of the story - No situation is so bad that it cannot be turned around. You need to just think hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment